18|8 Fine Men's Salons are the reinvention of the Barber Shop providing hair and grooming services in a relaxing environment focused on the unique needs of men. At 18|8, our stylists and staff provide the advice, solutions and consistency men deserve in a wide variety of services and treatments, including haircuts, hair coloring, MANicures, face treatments, scalp treatments and massage—all provided at semi-private stations.
At 18|8 men can have a unique experience designed to meet their specific needs, rather than being an afterthought at a woman’s salon or settling for a clip-joint-quality haircut. Our mission is simple – give men an alternative to women’s salons…give men a fine salon experience in a place designed to meet their needs.
- Multiple sources of revenue: memberships, products, haircuts, grooming services, referral fees
- We’re sought out by highest quality stylists and have a three-tiered pricing structure to fit any budget
- Stunning store design – contemporary with the right masculine touches
- Multiple financing options (lease concessions, 401K rollover, landlord contributions, SBA) – possible to get in for under $100,000 cash out of pocket
- Hundreds of A-quality retail locations – landlords want us
- Proprietary lines of hair, skin and grooming products
The preferred trade area for an 18/8 Salon is an upscale metropolitan market or high density affluent suburb. The site should be close to heavily-trafficked commercial and retail complexes like office developments, malls, strip centers; and lifestyle centers and be centrally located in an area with heavy pedestrian and or vehicular traffic and dense housing.
Ultimate Brands owns, operates, and franchises high quality salons under the brand names 18|8 Fine Men’s Salons; 18|8 Fine Salons (for men and women); and Skinovations Spas at 18|8. In addition, Ultimate Brands uses and offers BOS (Bio-Organic Solutions) as its proprietary line of grooming products for men, along with other leading brands such as Paul Mitchell, American Crew, and Nioxin. The gross margins at Company-owned salons for products ranges between 50% and 70%. Gross margins for Company-owned salon services ranges between 50% and 58%.