We specialize in transmission repair and services for cars, trucks and RVs, both foreign and domestic.
We also offer these services to fleet and commercial accounts. Our technicians recognize the importance of your car’s speedy recovery and work diligently to expedite the repair process in hopes of making your day less taxing.
In 1962, Richard Silva opened the first Cottman Transmission center, located in northeast Philadelphia, PA, and named his store after Cottman Avenue, located nearby. In 1964, Silva sold his first franchise and began the Cottman Transmission franchise name.
From their humble beginnings, Cottman Transmission evolved over the next 50+ years, along with the aftermarket industry itself, to include Total Auto Care across its franchise network, welcomed the new and improved Cottman Man and Transmission Physician characters and had Randy Wright step in as president of Cottman in 2011. Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care look forward to blazing into the future of what the automotive aftermarket hold for them.
Being your own boss at Cottman means you don’t have to go at it alone. From the moment you become a business owner at Cottman, you’re part of our family. We will hand you a well-oiled business model – with the support of a nationwide team, an established system for success and peers who are just as committed to your success as you are. There has never been a better time to roll into the Cottman family, and benefit from decades of experience and a trusted reputation for quality total auto care.
- Proven Business Concept
- Established Name & Recognized Product
- Over 50 Years of Automotive & Franchise Business Experience
- Centralized Corporate Support to Help Grow Your Business
- Established Systems & In-House Marketing Support
- Personalized Attention & Training
- Earning Opportunities to Grow
Opening support includes one week of hands-on training at our Cottman Academy located at our corporate headquarters, in Horsham, PA.
Cottman will provide additional assistance in real estate selection, provided by Operations Directors, as well as layout and design assistance. Additional support can be given in recruitment as individuals see fit.
Cottman prides itself with its enhanced and lucrative marketing efforts. Upon opening, franchisees receive a personal website, access to the franchisee portal, digital marketing efforts (inducing social media, review sites, such as Yelp!, Angie’s List, Trust Pilot, etc.). Franchisees will have access to our technical hotline, getting answers from our top-rated technical department.
The entire Cottman Corporate Team is dedicated to the success of each franchisee. The goal of our opening support program is to provide the knowledge and support to excel quickly as a new franchisee. We’re embarking on a journey together, which will last for years. This journey at times will be a lot of hard work, sometimes frustrating and fun, but always rewarding. These things are perfectly normal in owning a business, but because you’ll be a part of a franchise system, Cottman and its other team members, through ongoing support, are always here to help.
- P&L Review
- Field Visits
- Annual National Convention
- Regional Meetings
- Training In-Field and at Corporate Office
- On-going Recruiting
- Cottman National Technical Hot Line available by phone or email to answer all technical issues.
- Web Based Training Videos
- Cottman Warranties are honored at any Cottman center and at any the 2,000+ ATRA (Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association) locations
- National programs, Local focused
- Continual Internet Marketing efforts SEO/PPC/Social/Mobile
- ROSS Advertising –in house advertising agency
- Franchisee intranet portal
- National PR Firm
- Franchisee Website & National Website