We help builders develop residential communities of ranch-style homes using proven systems for managing construction, marketing and sales
Epcon is a homebuilding franchise that develops entire neighborhoods and helps builders throughout the United States do the same. We help builders accelerate their growth by providing proven floor plans and business management systems that help you build faster, sell faster, market homes more effectively and turn home buyers into brand ambassadors.
The main benefits of being an Epcon Franchise Builder are:
Copyrighted floor plans that are the result of millions in research and development.
When it comes to what’s popular with buyers, we’re not guessing. We have surveyed thousands of customers over the years to learn their preferences, and we have commissioned architects to deliver homes that offer what customers want.
Proven systems for residential production building.
We have worked with many small-volume home builders to help them scale up their operations and go from building and selling a handful of houses each year to selling tens or hundreds of homes.
Our systems reduce downtime, which makes higher sales velocity possible. We provide:
- Systems for construction project management that allow you to more accurately model labor and material needs and costs. This efficient process reduces downtime on job sites.
- Marketing tools and resources that allow you to pre-sell homes before they are built, using virtual tours, professional photography and proven marketing materials.
- Sales training that helps your team win over buyers.
- Quality control systems that ensure buyers are happy and provide great word-of-mouth.
- A comprehensive approach to building an entire community that residents will love — and where buyers will want to live.
Epcon built its first community in 1986 and began franchising its plans and systems in 1995. We and our Franchise Builders have thrived by developing low-maintenance homes and communities that appeal strongly to those looking to downsize and spend more time enjoying life – often, members of the growing 55+ demographic.
As that demographic continues to make up a larger share of the population, Epcon is positioned to capture a swell of buyers who are underserved in many markets nationwide.
Baby Boomers, in particular, have begun to retire en masse, and many are seeking to downsize into new homes — new homes that don’t yet exist.
Epcon Franchising recently partnered with Metrostudy (a division of Hanley Wood) and Builder Magazine to identify the size of the shortfall, and the results were stunning.
Metrostudy estimates that in the coming years, demand for maintenance-free boomer housing will exceed supply by hundreds of thousands of units. In Dallas-Fort Worth alone, Metrostudy projects a deficit of 41,079 boomer homes.