Fire & Rice is a fun alternative to your typical catered affair featuring delicious, freshly cooked paella. Offering a fun and interactive event by providing customers a complete dinner and a show experience, paella is prepared right in front of guests and they are invited to get involved, ask questions and interact with other guests. We truly bring the party to every event!
Founder Paul Schmidgall has been cooking professionally for almost 30 years and is formally educated in cooking, holds a BS in food marketing and an MBA in International Business. When asked by a friend to create a fun, interactive, food-based event for a company party, Paul put together a paella. It was such a hit that Fire and Rice has continued to grow every year since, entertaining at many events, selling paella at local farmers markets and now franchising!
Why Franchise with Us?
Fire & Rice has recognized an opportunity and capitalized on a niche in the catering market. It is an excellent franchise to own, as it can be run full-time or part-time, depending on your needs, and can be worked on the evenings and weekends, leaving your weekdays free.
- Training in culinary operations, marketing, and management
- Protected territories
- The knowledge and experience to help you succeed
Fire & Rice fills a need in the mobile foodservice industry
- Low cost franchise opportunity
- Operate as a licensed catering company as well as capitalize on the growing food truck market
- The business can be run as a part time or full time business
- Fire & Rice is the industry leader in our market
Because our concept is creating an exceptional paella experience for our guests, the keys to our success are simplicity and keeping our fixed costs to a minimum.
- Simplicity is one of the keys to our success. We have created systems that allow even the most novice cook to have the ability to create an award winning paella for their guests.
- Keeping our fixed costs to a minimum, we prepare our paella in front of our guests and don’t have the expenses that other catering/restaurants need. We don’t require expensive commercial ovens, formal dining rooms, or expense retail outlets. This allows more money to go to your bottom line.
Territories and Fees
You can open a new business, or you can convert your current business to be under the Fire & Rice umbrella. You will be given an exclusive territory to develop. Fire & Rice is looking to expand into new areas soon!