I'm Keith Paul. My wife Debra and I are the founders of HandyPro International, LLC. We were certainly no strangers to business when we launched HandyPro in 1996. After selling our Garden City, Michigan pizzeria, Pizza Junction, Deb and I saw a new business opportunity to help protect homeowners from dishonest contractors after Deb's grandmother lost $2,000 to a kitchen remodeler who took the money but never completed the work.
We decided to establish a referral system to connect seniors and home owners with reputable contractors. We did all the background checks ourselves on electricians, plumbers, remodelers and handymen. We expanded into referrals for two-income families that needed a handyman. After helping others, we saw an obvious need for trustworthy handymen that provided quality service. So we began to hire our own handymen and provide the services ourselves.
By the year of 2000 our company, operating as HandyPro Handyman Service, began getting a lot more calls from seniors or their family members seeking help to install wheelchair ramps and stair lifts as well as grab bars, walk-in tubs and specialized plumbing and door fixtures to enable people with arthritis to turn on a faucet or open a door. Recognizing a niche market opportunity, HandyPro returned to its roots in 2008, refocusing our marketing efforts and services to the elderly and people living with disabilities.
Our success has a lot to do with what I learned while running our businesses. Here are the three most important lessons I've learned:
- Customer satisfaction is the only way for true success.
- Take care of your employees, they are the backbone of any company. Ensure your business model attracts only A+ employees. Your employees will never give better service to your customers then you give to your employees.
- Set yourself apart from the competition. You must continually set yourself apart from any other company by giving such a great experience to your customers that they say, "I'd be absolutely crazy to do business with anyone else but HandyPro!"
A Recession Resistant Opportunity for You Residential and Commercial maintenance and modification Business is Growing.
- Residential & Commercial Repair Market Continues to Grow
- Founder is Certified Aging in Place Specialist, CAPS
- 74% of older homeowners prefer to live at home (AARP)
- Over 75 million Americans are reaching retirement age
HandyPro is a Fresh Approach to a Familiar Business.
- Executive Model
- No Home Modification or Handyman Experience Necessary
- Call Center Schedules your Craftsman for You
- Combination of Specialized Employees and Sub-Contractors
- Unparalleled Franchise Support
- Strong Marketing Support
- Strong Earnings Claim HP Company Store Approx 1M Annual Sales
- Proven Craftsman Recruitment and Support
HandyPro is unlike any other franchise business in the country. HandyPro International, LLC is dedicated to partnering with our franchisees to achieve business success and financial independence through helping others with their handyman and home modifications needs.
Executive Model - The HandyPro concept is a comprehensive management system which provides ongoing training, support and guidance to all franchisees. You do not have to know construction to run a HandyPro business. Our staff will work directly with you to insure your business will be up and running successfully within the first 60 days of training.
In Depth Training - HandyPro Franchisees are taught how to run a business from the ground up to help ensure they have a profitable HandyPro business.
Unlimited Support - You receive unlimited support from our team. Whether it's operations, finance or marketing, we are here to ensure your success.