Our strategy is to generate high-quality growth by building preferred brands, delivering a superior owner proposition, leveraging scale and generating revenue through the lowest-cost, direct channels. We concentrate on a targeted portfolio that, together with disciplined execution of our strategy and a commitment to doing business responsibly, will drive superior results.
The individual components of IHG’s Strategic Model are at the heart of our success, and continue to align our organization to focus on the most important strategic initiatives and deliver our commitment to True Hospitality. These Strategic Model components are:
Build and leverage scale
- New organizational design will redeploy resources to leverage our scale better, and to accelerate our growth: a new regional structure, integrated commercial & technology organization, and a new global marketing organization.
Strengthen loyalty program
- Continue to innovate IHG Rewards Club to further differentiate our offering and to leverage loyalty partnerships.
Enhance revenue delivery
- Prioritize digital and technological innovation to drive increased direct revenues e.g. Guest Reservation System.
Evolve owner proposition
- Upweight owner support to accelerate growth; expand our industry-leading franchise offer for Greater China; and evolve the owner proposition and operating model for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants to further accelerate growth.
Optimize our preferred portfolio of brands for owners and guests
- Strengthen portfolio of existing brands; continued innovation to drive accelerated growth.
- Augment portfolio with new brands to match identified opportunities: grow avid hotels to a scale position; launch an upscale conversion brand in 2018; build out global luxury brand portfolio, development resource and capability.
The Holiday Inn Express® hotel franchise offers modern accommodations for value-oriented travelers. Holiday Inn Express hotels are fresh, clean and uncomplicated and provide the comfort and convenience the Holiday Inn® brand stands for.
holThe InterContinental Hotels Group is the world's largest hotel company, including some of the strongest and most recognized hotel franchise brands in the industry: InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, and Staybridge Suites®. The IC Hotels Group includes more than 3,600 hotels located in nearly 100 countries.
IHG will tailor project support to each owner and each project. Whether owners are interested in a new build, conversion, adaptive reuse, mixed-use, or dual-branded property, IHG can help.We'll work with you to develop a fast and efficient process that matches our experience in the global market with the personal vision you have for your hotel.
New Builds - from the ground up
- Each project is site, market, and design-specific, so your development gets the focus
- IHG brand standards keep your hotel on track, accessing consumer insights and
maximizing market opportunity.
- You can also take advantage of our pre-designed, award winning brand prototype
design concepts for our midscale brands.
Conversion - raise a fresh flag
- IHG has a proven model for converting properties for each of our brands.
- IHG's property improvement planning (PIP) and hotel opening processes work swiftly
and efficiently to help you convert an existing property into an IHG branded hotel.
- IHG also helps to provide a smooth transition for the staff and property to
deliver the IHG experience, resulting in improved guest relations and greater overall hotel
Mixed use - reimagine hotel investments
- Combine a hotel project with retail, residential, entertainment, commercial, or other
land uses to drive real estate value.
- Any of our brands and project types can be adapted to the right combination of mixed
use development projects.
Dual Branded - diversity and share costs
- This approach puts two brands into the same building, allowing them to share
common space and staff while maintaining each brand's unique identity.
- Popular with both developers and guests, a dual branded project can allow hotels to
provide more amenities than a single hotel could offer, attracting a broader range of
guests to the same space.
- IHG is seeing success with dual branded projects and the synergies created between
construction and operations.