Here’s how opening a Massage Addict clinic adds up to success
Massage Addict is the country’s largest and fastest growing massage therapy company with locations from coast to coast. 100% Canadian owned and operated, this unique business model offers:
- consistent, predictable recurring revenue, with some 80% of treatments provided to recurring clients and paid for by insurance
- low investment and start-up costs
- quick Return on Investment (ROI)
Massage Therapy: A Growing Industry
Massage Addict has a proven business model that fulfills a market gap: the need for high quality, affordable therapeutic massage—with opportunities for both single and multi-location ownership.
- Benefits: Companies have incorporated massage therapy into their employee benefit programs in order to attract quality candidates and offset worker rehab and compensation costs.
- On the rise: More than 35% of Canadians have tried massage therapy - up 12% over the past 10 years.
What do our Massage Addict Franchise Partners say?
"We are excited to be part of a Canadian franchise success story. We were attracted by the opportunity to join a Canadian franchise focused on health—that was relatively affordable and recession-proof. The model fits a niche that offers clients quality care at a reasonable price and offers us consistent and predictable revenue. It’s a simple and effective business model that works."
- Wendy and Keith Ackerley | Halifax (Lacewood) and Bedford, NS franchisees
A Proven Formula for Success
At Massage Addict, we’ve designed a proven formula for our franchise partners that serves as the foundation for a successful business.
There are three elements that are essential to running a successful franchise business:
1. A well-known brand that captures client/customer demand:
- Massage Addict leads the market: With over 75 clinics and 900+ Registered Massage Therapists, Massage Addict is the largest and fastest growing brand in the market. Over 55,000 Canadians receive a Massage therapy treatment every month at Massage Addict.
- Massage therapy is growing: 35% of Canadians have tried Massage Therapy, up over 12% over the last 10 years.
2. A successful and proven business model:
- Low investment and start-up costs: Estimated start-up costs range from $175-$225,000 including the franchise fee, clinic renovations, furniture, equipment and opening cash flow requirements. Plus, most franchise partners receive financing through the Canada Small Business Financing Program.
- Recurring revenue and quick ROI: The Massage Addict membership model creates a long-term and loyal client relationship. Over 75% of the monthly revenue comes from recurring clients, and some 80% of our clients pay via health insurance. The result? Predictable revenue and quick return on investment.
- Opportunity for multi-clinic ownership: More than 50% of our franchise owners operate multiple clinics, some opening a first and then using the profits to expand to a second or third clinic.
- Straightforward in-clinic business model: Massage Addict is a single-service business that requires minimal inventory and working capital. It also provides an easy-to-operate staffing model.
3. Head Office expertise and support:
- The Massage Addict management team brings over 125 years of combined experience in Sales, Marketing, Operations, IT, Finance and general business leadership
- Opening Week
- Post Opening