Pets Warehouse started in 1974 with breeding birds. Today we are one of the industry's top pet retailers. Our web site has been ranked #2 by Yahoo Internet Life magazine and as the third most visited site by NPD. Our success has been built on a simple principle: take care of every customer and make them number one. From the beginning, our top priority was to provide unmatched customer care and to help our customers understand how we could help them. We stock our web site with the latest products, the best deals and plenty of information to help you decide for yourself. We are proud of every member of our staff, because they make the difference.
So, when you call us or log onto our web site, you're doing business with a company that is enthusiastic about pets, and about matching our customers with the items that they need. And we intend to continue serving you. Every day.
We're proud to have the most knowledgeable staff in the industry. Experience is the key. The bottom line is that when you call, you'll talk to people who can help you get through what can sometimes be a maze of pet products. They make it seem easy. Knowing what you sell is just the beginning. Sure, we can answer any question you may have about any item in our pet catalog but our goal is to make every customer satisfied.
A pet store franchise is ideal for people who want to go into business for themselves, but not by themselves. Franchises offer the best of both worlds—you can function as an empowered business owner; yet you have the experience and support of established successful companies that help secure your investment. Owning a business offers unlimited potential for personal and financial growth. However, opening new businesses can be risky, without the benefit of knowledgeable counsel. Franchising may be the best option for minimizing risks and start-up obstacles.
Entering the pet industry brings tremendous opportunities for investors.
According to the 2016-2017 American Pet Products Association’s (APPA) National Pet Owners Survey,
- 65% of U.S. households own a pet,
- This equates to 79.7 million homes attributing to $ 62.75 billion annual industry sales.
- Estimates suggest a 4.1% growth each year.
…and every pet owner needs supplies.
With tremendous opportunities to sell to this market, a typical Pets Warehouse location will stock about 7,000 pet supplies and offer them at discount prices below competition.
Pets Warehouse provides the following safeguards to ensure your success:
1. Demonstrated Track Record. Pets Warehouse brings a successful history to springboard you into business ownership. We should provide training and on-going advice for every aspect of your business. Eliminate the baptism by fire, and take advantage of what has been learned during our 40+ year history.
2. Name Recognition and Strong Branding. You will benefit from our good reputation, core values, quality of products, dependability, and social contributions. These contribute to building a positive brand, and a new franchise operator benefits from the public’s perception of the parent company.
3. Training Programs. In order to protect the image of our business and yours, the Pets Warehouse franchise agreement involves training and on-going evaluation. This ensures that all of the locations meet the standards of company and are consistent in what customers will find from location to location. In order to guarantee efficient operations, many aspects of the pet business must be learned and put into practice. Training programs address general business, accounting, human relations, maintenance and cleaning, marketing, inventory, and of course, pet care.
Additionally, we share pearls of the business attained with experience. Advice can include how to choose a particular payroll company, rewards of successful management, and dealing with difficult situations. This information can help with risk avoidance, as well as conducting efficient, profitable operations. Pets Warehouse provides a written manual, as well training courses and one-on-one mentoring to our franchisees.
4. Ongoing Engagement. Periodic evaluation of the new franchise should be expected. During these inspections, seasoned professionals can acknowledge conformation with company policies and offer help in weak areas. The sessions also provide opportunities to share new ideas or policies that could affect the business. The process helps franchise owners keep on track and maximize the return on their investments. Knowing that you’re not alone smooths the trail to success.
5. Real Estate and Facilities Assistance. Pets Warehouse provides new franchise with experts to recommend specific choices for this very important aspect of the business. This can include site selection, leasing agreements, and items related to cleaning, airflow, plumbing, electrical, etc. Additionally, we help you plan for furniture purchase, shelving, etc. However, Pets Warehouse allows franchise to explore unique opportunities, and so some deviation from the standard plan may be reasonable—but corporate standards must be upheld. Deviations must be approved by Pets Warehouse corporate headquarters to protect all involved.
7. Purchasing Power. Certainly the buyer for a group of stores has more power than someone ordering for a single store. The volume pricing is a huge benefit for all concerned, and allows the new businesses to compete with the large conglomerates. The advantages can apply to inventory, capital equipment, supplies, contract services, and more.
8. Marketing Assistance. From advertising, to public relations, to social media and event planning, franchises share in the efforts to bring attention to their products and services. While some marketing could be localized, group efforts are often perfected to share among the various team members. Don’t reinvent each wheel—share in the wealth!