Robin AutopilotTM is the world's first robotic lawn care service. Since September of 2016 we’ve been combining proven robot mower technology with highly-professional human crews to create a more Eco-friendly, Reliable and Affordable lawn care experience.
Over the past 20 years, more than 1,000,000 robotic mowers have been sold in Europe, and robots will soon dominate the U.S. landscaping market. However, the robots require professional installation and maintenance, and U.S. consumers rely on landscapers for more than just mowing. They need a full-service approach.
That’s why we install robots to handle the regular mowing and then regularly send human crews for trimming, edging, weeding, and other yard care needs. The result is a higher quality, more reliable service for less than most people pay now. It’s a low initial investment, low overhead model with high margins due to the decreased labor costs.
Our Business Model
A robotic mower is installed at a customer’s home. The robot handles the repetitive mowing, while human crews come out periodically to take care of the edging, trimming, weeding and other yard care needs. Our customers never have to worry about an overgrown yard and our crew members can focus their talents on higher-value, higher-margin activities.
This is a recurring revenue service. Customers’ cards are automatically charged a set monthly fee based on their level of service and size of their property. Because of the robots, the price can be less than they’d pay traditional landscaping services while receiving higher-quality, more reliable service.
Why Robotic Mowing?
Massive change is coming to the $70 billion U.S. landscaping market. More than 1 million robotic mowers are already safely operating in Europe and the United States is next. Our franchisees are uniquely positioned to benefit from this shift toward more reliable, eco-friendly, lower-cost robotic mowing.
- Huge existing landscaping market of $70 billion, including millions of residential lawns
- Traditional customer experience is archaic and unreliable with checks left under doormats and crews that don’t show up
- Robotic mowers are proven technology in Europe but only just now entering the U.S.
- Robots will win because they:
- Are reliable, never skip a day of work and even mow in the rain
- Cost less due to automation
- Are quiet enough to mow at night—no more disruptions for napping kids or conference calls
- Produce greener, healthier lawns due to frequent cutting and tiny clippings that fertilize the turf
- Are emission-free, reducing as much pollution as taking 2 cars off the road!
Why Choose Robin?
Robin Autopilot is by far the most experienced operator of robotic mowers in the United States. Our franchisees benefit from both our unmatched experience and the wave of robot adoption across the country.
- Ground-floor access to disruptive technology and a services model that we pioneered in the U.S.
- Fast startup and expansion model, with low overhead and fixed expenses
- Monthly subscription business with recurring revenue
- Proven marketing and PR approach that’s generated local and national press such as Shark Tank, CBS This Morning and TechCrunch features.
- Proprietary processes and technology built from the ground up to manage a robotic lawn service, including our patent-pending robot door for fences
- Exclusive equipment supplier relationships that include special pricing and financing
- Home-based model with low investment and low-overhead
- A scalable annuity business with just a couple employees
- Flexible schedule
Since September of 2016, Robin Autopilot has been the only full-service robot lawn care company in the market. Launched in Dallas, Texas, we quickly reached 200 robots installed during our first season. Word quickly spread through national appearances on CBS, ABC and other major networks, and local newspapers and TV stations as well. We’ve encountered and solved challenges such as fenced in backyards, sidewalk and driveway crossings, and common sources of wire breaks. We’ve tested robots from every major manufacturer and with Robin Autopilot you gain the benefit of our knowledge and experience-based process.
- Field-tested processes and identified robotic mower models that deliver consistently
- Manufacturer relationships enable us to provide mowers at a low monthly purchase cost
- Patented robot door technology allows robots to move through fences while keeping pets and kids secure
- Custom GPS tracking and insurance to prevent losses due to theft
- Invested more than $1 million in the Robin Aviator technology platform custom-built for customer signup, billing, crew scheduling, robot inventory management, etc.