Scissors & Scotch provides a badass grooming experience for men, and a kickass investment opportunity for you. We’re looking to expand nationwide, and are seeking business partners to join us.
We’re not a salon. We’re not a clips joint. We’re not your run-of-the-mill barbershop. We’re everything you want your haircut to be, and then some. The Scissors & Scotch experience offers a complimentary cocktail, coffee, or cold one with every haircut, plus a full-service bar and lounge, because we know you’ll be ready for round two.
Franchising can be full of growth opportunity, and we’re ready to turn can be into will be. To do that, we’re looking for a certain kind of franchisee, and we know you’re looking for the right franchisor. Or maybe you’re still trying to figure out this whole franchising thing. If so, let’s break down the basics.
Think of franchising like a partnership. You know, gin and tonic, Batman and Robin, hipsters and Wes Anderson films.
This partnership is formed between a franchisee (that’s you) and a franchisor (that’s us).
Like any successful relationship, it’s a little give, a little get. A franchisor licenses its brand name, business model and operational expertise to the franchisee. In exchange, a franchisee must pay fees, including ongoing royalties, and agree to follow the franchise agreement.
WHY SHOULD YOU FRANCHISE?
The franchising business model is older than your great-great-grandfather, for God’s sake. Its success and popularity has been proven time and time again. If bringing your great-great-grandfather into this wasn’t good enough, let us elaborate.
You are your own boss. Nuff said.
You are given a blueprint for success. The franchisor will guide you through every single step and offer ongoing help. Hope you don’t have clammy hands.
You work with a recognizable brand. And in some cases - *ahem* - you contribute to the catalyst of a kickass brand gaining national recognition.
You can leverage a strong network. The corporate team and other franchisees are constantly thinking up new ways to improve the business, and you’ll have access to some of the best marketing, business, and analytics resources around.
You are doing something you’re passionate about. An ideal franchisee is an entrepreneurial-minded individual or group, with a go-getter attitude and a craving for success.
BACK UP. WHAT IS SCISSORS & SCOTCH?
A few years ago, we made a momentous realization. When it comes to men’s grooming, there are basically three options – your dad’s barbershop, your wife’s salon, or any joint with clips in the name. So, the way most brilliant ideas are born, a few cocktails one night parlayed into a concept that would alter the essence of men’s grooming everywhere. Yeah, that’s full body chills you got there, champ.
At Scissors & Scotch, you can expect the old-school spirit of a barbershop with a new age twist. Classic grooming services, a fully stocked bar and a sleek setting join forces to create one helluva grooming experience for the modern, grown-ass man.
WE HAVE SERIOUS POTENTIAL
Fast forward a few years later from the day our doors first opened – we’ve grown exponentially, and we’re looking for awesome people to help us extend the S&S experience in major cities nationwide. This industry is booming with potential, in high demand, and far from ubiquitous – making it an opportunity you’d be a fool to pass up.
WE GOT YOUR BACK
Through ups, downs, side parts and undercuts, you’ll feel nothing but support. We offer a comprehensive training program for our franchisees and our employees, because we want everyone to be as successful as possible. Our corporate team is dedicated to assisting our franchisees, while continually seeking ways to improve the company.
WE HAVE A TEAM OF EXPERTS
Your success is our success, and vice versa. That’s why we have teamed up with experts to tackle every aspect of the business. From market analysis to advertising, each facet has decades of experience that will set you up for serious success.
- Statistics aren’t our strong suit. That’s why we work with a highly-experienced customer analytics firm to research size, demographics, and competition of your market.
- We don’t believe in guessing games; we believe in strategy. We have partnered with a real estate firm that provides information on landlord reputation, co-tenant strength, traffic patterns and other factors that will increase your likelihood of success.
- We have a team to identify and negotiate key issues there may be with your lease. This means saving you research time and using everyone’s best efforts to maximize the tenant improvement money you’ll get back.
- This group is available to coordinate design with the architect, lead approval process with local government, lead the general contractor bidding process and provide a step-by-step guide for buildout and procurement to equipment and furniture.
Targeted Customer Marketing
- We have access to a technology platform that automatically sets filters to ensure your ads are hitting the right customers within your market.
- Our agency partner will be continuously updating branded content and providing marketing guidance. Plus, you can leverage any learnings and best practices from other franchisees throughout the country.
WE DON'T HAVE COMMITMENT ISSUES
What can we say, we’re relationship people. Our employees, our clients, and our communities are of the utmost importance to us. We’re looking for franchisees who understand what it takes to form, and maintain, positive relationships with each of these groups, respectively.
Our talented stylists, receptionists and bartenders are the best of the best. Our employee turnover rates are 50% lower than the industry average, because we believe Scissors & Scotch is a career move, not a temp job. We’re constantly rethinking how we can compensate and reward our employees, and we’re looking for partners with that same mindset.
- When you notice one-timers quickly becoming regulars, you create a membership program. Our active member base is 1,500+ deep and is growing by the minute. We owe our success to our clientele and fan base, and most of them owe us on the 15th of the month.
- Connections in our communities are an important part of our company. We love partnering with craft breweries for tap takeovers, clothing lines for trunk shows, and other local businesses. We also strongly believe in giving back, which is why we created a Community Impact Fund.