In 2014, Dave Notte approached Brian Scudamore with an idea for a new brand to add to the O2E Brands family. He called it Shack Shine: a business that offers customers a one-stop shop for window washing, gutter cleaning, and power washing. Brian saw the potential to take the ordinary experience of house detailing and make it exceptional. He knew that bringing Shack Shine into the O2E Brands family was the way to make it happen.
Brian was able to take many of the systems and processes that made 1-800-GOT-JUNK? so successful (like our sales center and online booking engine) and apply them to Shack Shine, which allowed the business to provide a level of customer service that just isn’t offered by the competition. After undergoing a complete brand overhaul to reflect this new level of friendly, professional service, the new Shack Shine was launched in 2015.
With the support of the team at O2E Brands, Shack Shine is poised to become the most recognized name in the house detailing industry. In 2017, we added Christmas light installation to the mix, giving franchise partners yet another way to make homes shine.
You’ve always had the hunger to be a part of something bigger. Now, you’ve found your tribe so you never have to stand alone. You have the heart of a founder — it’s time to write your own story.
As part of this community, you have the opportunity to define an industry. You own more than a house detailing company — you own a customer experience company that details houses. You have the support of proven systems for success. You can take the risk and it’s a smart one.
It won’t be easy. It won’t be luck. You’ll look back one day with pride and say, “Look at what I built.”
Whatever road you took to get here, we’re glad you made it.
REINVENTING AN INDUSTRY
WE'RE A ONE-STOP, READY-TO-GO SHOP.
When you think of having your windows or gutters cleaned, we’re willing to bet you can’t think of a household name. Shack Shine is changing that.
Shack Shine is pioneering a brand new industry — house detailing — in the same way 1-800-GOT-JUNK? disrupted junk removal. Here’s what inspired us to create a whole new category:
- Revenue potential: the exterior cleaning industry is valued at $10 billion dollars annually, with 5% year-over-year growth for the past five years
- Highly fragmented industry: we recognized the need for a one-stop shop for house detailing and the potential to become the household name
- Recurring revenue: our services have the added benefit of creating repeat customers year after year
- Low investment: you can start a business for just over $50,000
- High margin: need we say more?
- Scalable growth: its easy to scale your business by adding vans and crew as your franchise grows.