In 1997 Paula Thurman got the idea to open a fantastic Hair Salon AND Boutique for Kids! With a great idea and a little bit of money, Paula opened her first store and Shear Madness was born. She began experimenting with the concept, finding out what was working and what wasn't. Very soon, Shear Madness Haircuts for Kids was becoming a hit among other local moms looking for a fun and unique place to take their children for haircuts.
As you can see our salons are very different from the typical children's salon that you may be familiar with. At Shear Madness, our vision is to become the leader in the childrens hair salon industry - the standard by which ALL others are measured!
Our specially trained staff, professionally designed salon, fantastic boutique, and bright atmosphere provides kids and their parents with a quality experience they don't soon forget! Because of this, we've experienced exciting growth over the last several years!
Perhaps you're asking yourself "What's a franchise?" A franchise is your own business that comes with the significant advantage of being built with the concept, tradenames, & systems of an established business. Because of this, you are in business for yourself, but NOT by yourself. For example, with Shear Madness Haircut for Kids Franchising, our company is ready to begin with all the tried and true systems in place! For a franchisee who wants to start their own business, this greatly reduces the learning curve, and thus avoids wasting time and money on processes that just don't work.
- $55 Billion dollar industry
- Won't be replaced by the internet
- Recession Resistant
- Makes people feel good
- No around the clock hours
- Hair care is essential to any community - no matter the economic climate
- High demand, high repeat cash business
- Running a childrens salon franchise takes a business person - not just a stylist
- No perishable inventory
- Absentee Ownership
- Sustainable Business Model
The Shear Madness Franchise System
- DRIVES productivity
- SYSTEMETIZES financial accounting
- STREAMLINES inventory control
- MOTIVATES staff and morale
- ENHANCES in-store merchandising
- MAXIMIZES profits
- LESS guess work
- LESS money lost on "Trial & Error"
- LESS time spent on planning, advertising, marketing, and promotions
- LESS work
- MORE control over YOUR business
- MORE time to concentrate on YOURcustomers, YOUR business expansion, and opening YOUR next location
- MORE potential profit for YOU
- MORE control over YOUR life and YOURfuture