Serving up GREAT PIZZA and FUN since 1959
Opening its doors for the first time in San Leandro, a small town on San Francisco Bay, Straw Hat began serving its trailblazing “Genuine California Pizza” on July 10, 1959. It was an unrivaled pizza with a layered, flaky crust, the freshest toppings, light sauce, and six kinds of naturally aged cheese.
Straw Hat Pizza has always been the place to go for family dinners, Birthday and Team Parties. The majority of our business is dine in. We provide a comfortable and fun environment to relax with family or friends. Our locations have games and televisions to provide entertainment.
There are many facts that separate Straw Hat's Pizzas from other pizza.
- Our pizza sauce uses fresh packed tomatoes—never canned or reconstituted
- Only uses boxes and napkins made from 100% recycled materials manufactured without the use of bleaches
- Menu items are prepared using only premium grade meats
- Uses only 100% Chicken breast
- Rolls its pizza dough fresh daily
- Only uses cheeses free from fillers
The future holds great promise for Straw Hat Pizza. Straw Hat has retained its commitment to guest service, quality, cleanliness, and of course, its genuine California crust pizza, Hot Hats and Salads. People of all ages still drive many miles to visit Straw Hat.
We have resources available to help you open and operate your restaurant. Our operations support staff has years of experience in the restaurant business. Your success is very important to us. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to help our franchise owners.
Find out more about Straw Hat Pizza franchising
Request information below now.