In 1975, Frank Emmett and Geoffrey Rappaport opened the first Supercuts in Albany, California, as an alternative to both high-fashion salons and neighborhood barbershops.
They developed a hair-cutting technique that took only 20 minutes so that they could offer quick and inexpensive haircuts without appointments. They also allowed their customers to pick and choose which particular services they wanted, in order to tailor their experience to their desires and budgets. With this standardized business model in place, the men began franchising in 1979, and their stores soon spread throughout the U.S.
In 1996, Supercuts was acquired by Regis Corp., which also franchises City Looks, Cost Cutters Family Hair Care and Pro-Cuts in the U.S., and Magicuts and First Choice Haircutters in Canada.
THERE'S A REASON SUPERCUTS IS THE NATION’S #13 FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY
- In fact, Supercuts was ranked #1 in the $65 Billion Dollar U.S. Hair Care Industry by Entrepreneur for 8 years in a row
- Everybody needs haircuts, and technology or the economy aren't likely to change that any time soon
- With over 825 locations opened in the last 5 years alone, Supercuts has the salon process down to a science
- The Supercuts model is designed to provide freedom and stability while you get your business off the ground
- Turnkey operations and a proven system make it easy to own multiple-units, leading top franchisees to run 50 or more
- Nearly 1,000 corporate-owned salons mean that innovations are tested and proven before they ever get to you
HAIR CARE LIKE HAIR NEVER STOPS GROWING
Unlike some businesses, hair cutting isn’t going anywhere.
Hair Care is currently a $42B+ industry, leaving lots of roomfor growth and several distinct advantages over other leading categories of franchises.
It’s a necessary service, with built-in demand, that will never go out of style
Having fewer products maximizes space and eliminates concerns of theft or spoilage
Regular appointments and repeat customers eliminate peaks and valleys
EASY TO OPERATE
A core set of consistent services makes the model simple and repeatable
LOWER START-UP REQUIREMENTS
A smaller initial investment than many industries leaves more cash available to cover other expenses
Manager-run locations mean the ability to own multiple units or keep your current job
Leave a Comment