Changing Philosophy On Pet Nutrition - Because They Deserve Better
Over 15 years ago, Diane Dewberry, founder of The Healthy Animal™, wanted more nutritious food options for her pets. Realizing that most of today’s top selling brands weren’t a good choice, she researched smaller companies that manufactured healthy and wholesome food, treats, supplements and remedies.
This was the beginning of what became The Healthy Animal™. Since then, Diane has become the guru for dogs and cats and their pet parents, ensuring that our furry friends stay safe and healthy. Because they deserve better! Dewberry partnered with LPF Consulting Group to franchise The Healthy Animal™ concept and bring her knowledge to the rest of the pet world.
Pet Industry Advantages
- Since 1994, the market has more than tripled in size and grown from 17 billion to over 60 billion in 2015 in the U.S. alone.
- In 2018, the market is expected to grow to $72 Billion.
- Dog owners spend an average of around $1,641 and cat owners approximately $1,125 per year.
- Less than two thirds of the costs are spent on vet visits, leaving the remaining two-thirds up to retailers and service businesses.
- The pet industry seems to defy all odds during recessions and has been very little affected by economic crisis so far.
- The set of traits that makes things appear cute to us is known as the Kinderschema which describes the head-to-body ratio, the position of the eyes, and size of the eyes relative to the size of the head and more. The idea behind the Kinderschema is that we are hardwired to find things cute whether we want to or not. We are attracted by puppies and kittens because they have the perfect Kinderschema. Big eyes, a large head, and other traits that our subconscious perceives as adorable.
What Makes Us Different
- Focused solely on pet nutrition, no grooming, boarding, etc.
- Unique, approachable store atmosphere with highly knowledgeable staff. All owner/operators will become certified pet nutritionists prior to opening.
- A rapidly growing and respected brand.
- An all-natural, whole-food and holistic approach.
A Pet-Lover’s Dream
There is just something about pet people, and dog people especially. Spend your days surrounded by animal lovers and their pups while helping pet parents make better choices for the well-being of their best friends.
We're looking for franchise owners who are outgoing, love pets, have management experience, and who are results oriented. A person who can build relationships, lead a team, and who has the motivation to excel! You must have a minimum of $50k in liquid capital, and be ready to make a full-time commitment