The Zerorez Story began in Texas in the late 1990’s. The founders managed 3,000 apartment units and were frustrated with their carpet cleaning challenges. As a result, they began looking for a better cleaning solution but found that the carpet cleaning industry had been using the same process since the 1940's! The founders tried all the name brands in carpet cleaning and soon discovered that no reliable and effective cleaning process existed.
Those processes always left residue, which naturally attracted more dirt and bacteria, and they failed to truly clean the carpet fibers. They set out to find a way to eliminate the residue and get the carpets REALLY clean. Their research and development led to Empowered Water ™ and then patented our process. The result… Zero Residue! It's simply "The Right Way to Clean™.”
Zerorez Franchising Systems, Inc. was formed in 2001 and the first operating Zerorez bases opened in 2002 in Dallas and San Diego. The first franchises were sold beginning in 2003. Today, there are operations in various markets across the Country as we continue our growth towards a national footprint. Our rapid growth is based on our differentiated process.
Typical cleaning of carpets and upholstery mixes hot water with a wide variety of soaps and detergents, some of which can be harsh or even toxic. By contrast, the ZEROREZ® cleaning system does not use soaps, detergents or shampoos to clean, but instead uses our revolutionary Empowered Water™.
Empowered Water™ is applied to both hard surfaces, like stone, stainless steel, or granite, and soft surfaces, like carpet fibers, upholstery and leather via a high-pressure spray, both releasing embedded soil and cleaning the surfaces. The soil is then removed, leaving just the extraction water on the surfaces, which dries quickly and without any soil-attracting residue.
Our franchise owners have become increasingly successful as leaders in our industry, and we look forward to expanding this brand across the United States.
Available Franchise Territories
Our individual franchise territories are areas encompassing a population of up to 300,000 in population, based on the 2010 Census. We expect franchisees to start with one specialized Zerorez mobile unit, but grow to as many as six over time as they gain market share. Many markets are currently open in the United States. Review our Locations listing to see where operations currently exist.
Regional Developer Territories
We currently sell Regional Developer franchise territories in defined geographies called DMA’s (Designated Market Areas). These are regions in the United States as defined by The Nielsen Company, in which mass media covers a defined geography. Population in each of these is most commonly over 1 Million in population. There are currently 210 DMA’s in the United States.
We expect Regional Developers to start with at least three specialized Zerorez mobile units and meet a development schedule that results in one mobile unit per 100,000 in population.
What We Provide
Joining Zerorez is like joining a family—we enjoy working with you and welcome your thoughts and contributions. There is ample sharing among franchise owners, plus we also have a formal structure which includes an elected Franchise Advisory Council and Operating Committees, comprised of Franchisees along with corporate team members. We provide:
- The best cleaning system in the business with patent protection of our process.
- A proven business model with demonstrated growth and success.
- Financial assistance through our vendor partners.
- Comprehensive corporate support.
Our franchisee support includes:
- Two weeks of comprehensive training at our Salt Lake City corporate office.
- One week of training at your location prior to ‘opening day’.
- On-going training support, with manuals, webinars and conference calls.
- Full assistance in setting-up your mobile cleaning units, operating equipment and acquisition of supplies.
- Proprietary Information Technology assistance, along with our custom management software to run your business.
- Full marketing assistance, including marketing training, graphic design, website maintenance, marketing strategies, a marketing ‘tools’ portal and resources administration.
- Two annual conferences
- Early year Franchise Owners Conference
- Fall Leadership Development Conference
Franchise Ownership Profile
We look for new franchise owners that want to join an organization that has a mission of becoming “the unquestioned leader in our industry.” Someone who buys into our view that only Zerorez has “The Right Way To Clean™.” There are two ways to become part of the “Zerorez Family.”
1) Territory Owners. We select new owners who will buy a territory and who will want to dominate that market. New Territory owners must:
- Have business experience, with preference to service or retail industries.
- Have $350,000 net worth and liquid assets of $100,000
- Function actively as the General Manager (daily operational leader) or hire a General Manager
2) Regional Developers. We select new Regional Developers who will own a Regional Development Agreement and will want to dominate their regional market. New Regional Developers must:
- Have significant business experience and a proven history of success implementing new concepts into a market.
- Have $350,000-$500,000 net worth and liquid assets of $100,000-$500,000.
- Function actively as the General Manager (daily operational leader) or hire a General Manager.
If you are interested in exploring franchise opportunities, please complete the form
and we'll respond to you as soon as possible!