Every small business grows only through the support of its community, loyal customers, family and friends. Our investors, supporters and guests have been all of that to the Amsterdam Falafelshop, and for that we thank each of you.
Inspired by the falafel shops throughout Amsterdam, founders Scott and Arianne Bennett have brought the exciting flavors of Europe and the Middle East first to Washington DC, then the Greater Boston Area and Dallas, Texas. Believing that food can be both quick and delicious, the Bennetts have set out to perfect the Falafel Experience.
As soon as you walk into the Falafelshop, you smell the spices and hear the sounds that thousands upon thousands have enjoyed before you. After ten years of crafting their trade, they are bringing the best falafel to you in each of their shops.
We are so grateful to all the people who have supported us through both their print articles, online reviews and personal websites. Without your support, the word would not have gotten out - the buzz would not have built so rapidly. And so we thank you... one and all. Below we offer you a sampling of articles that let you know a little about who we are.
At Amsterdam Falafelshop, the falafel is our passion. We are focused on sharing this tasty street-food with America so everyone can appreciate the warm, crunchy deliciousness of the falafel sandwich in a hip, European environment. Now, with Amsterdam Falafelshop offering franchising opportunities, you can join us on our quest to spread the falafel-love.With an Amsterdam Falafelshop franchise you can expect a business that is easy to operate, a quality product, and outstanding support. But many more reasons make owning an Amsterdam Falafelshop a compelling business opportunity.
- Flagship in Washington DC has received wide acclaim from the press and customers
- Simple menu reduces operational complexity found in burger and Tex-Mex competitors
- Low cost of goods from chickpeas as the main ingredient (not expensive chicken or beef, and not subject to commodity price fluctuations)
- Very affordable menu pricing (particularly beneficial in today’s economic climate)
- Appeal of falafel sandwich is becoming universal, driven by the influx of tourists from Europe and the Middle East, as well as the many U.S. servicemen and women who became big fans of falafel during their tours overseas
- Demand for Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food is on the rise. Over the past 15 years sales of hummus (made from chickpeas, the primary ingredient in falafel) have skyrocketed from $5 million to approximately $200 million, an increase of 4,000%!
- Offering reflects customers’ growing demand for healthy eating
- 100% Vegetarian
- All Natural
- Made Fresh (every day)