In 1762, John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich, invented the meal that changed dining forever. As the story goes, he was playing cards and did not want to leave the gaming table to eat. He asked for a serving of roast beef to be placed between two slices of bread so he could eat with his hands. Thus the sandwich was born. Some 250 years later, Earl of Sandwich restaurants have embraced the idea and crafted it into a made-to-order, freshly baked sandwich like no other. As a franchisee, you will grow with our brand and get your piece of the flourishing fast casual dining segment.
What is Fast Casual & how is it different?
Fast Casual does not offer full table service, but promises higher quality food than other fast food restaurants (with fewer frozen or processed ingredients). It is an intermediate concept between fast food and casual dining, and usually priced accordingly.
- Average check is between $8 and $16
- Decor is modern upscale
- Service model is limited service with the exclusion of waiters/waitresses
- Includes quality fresh ingredients and food made to order.
- Current Fast Culinary Trends: Local sourcing, gourmet items, beverages, desserts and quality proteins.
Why Earl of Sandwich is good for you
- Easy to operate
- High volume production capability
- Small, efficient production line
- Easily replicated for additional store growth
- Inviting atmosphere
- Traditional family recipes including fresh baked artisan bread, fresh vegetables, generous slices of the fines cheeses and delicious sauces
When you sign up with Earl of Sandwich, we provide assistance with architectural drawings and store layout reviews, site selection assistance, pre-opening processes, on and off-site training and we also conduct quarterly restaurant visits.
Earl of Sandwich is committed to providing in-depth training and the tools and resources needed to open and operate a store. New franchisees participate in a 4-week initial manager training program in Orlando, Florida. Earl of Sandwich will also conduct training on site for your team members for one week before and after your first restaurant opening.
Who makes an ideal candidate?
- Financial Awareness: An ideal franchisee will have the necessary startup and investment finance in place prior to any franchise agreement. After the agreement has been signed and the franchise is set up, a franchisee must monitor financial income and expenditure as the company progresses.
- People Person: We welcome franchisees who are friendly, outgoing, and truly enjoy being around people. A respectful personality and great customer service skills are essential. Setting an example for your staff and treating them the way you want customers to be treated is crucial.
- Willingness to Learn: The brand support that comes with this franchise will provide continuous training and learning opportunities. Gaining valuable understanding from past experience and a willingness to apply the proven EOS system will contribute to the overall success of your franchise.
- Motivated by Results: Ideal franchisees are overachievers. Our franchises thrive when led by someone who is excited for every day, enjoys challenges, and is self-motivated.
- Brand Commitment: Brand integrity is a vital component of the franchise process. We are looking for individuals that will follow the Graphic Standards and overall consistency of the brand and will advocate as brand ambassadors.