Discover The Gateway Connection
A Recognizable Brand for over 30 Years.
- Landlords, Suppliers & Consumers know our brand.
- Currently over 500 locations in Canada & the U.S., with steady growth every year. Store sizes vary from 75 to 700 square feet.
Open the Door to Greater Opportunities.
- Tap into our vast system & over of 30 years retail experience.
- Access our exclusive real estate opportunities not consistently available to the mass market.
- We provide prime locations, store design, fixtures, equipment, operations expertise, initial & ongoing training.
The Gateway franchise system has proven to be a successful business proposition establishing itself as the foremost newstand operation.
Currently a franchisor to over 500 Gateway Newstands
- Leasing space for 75 square feet to 700 square feet in high traffic
- Easily accessed lobby locations in high rise office towers
- Transit locations and shopping centers in Canada and the USA.
Gateway is essentially a convenience store
- Operating out of kiosks and in-line stores in large office buildings, shopping centers, and transit locations.
- Gateway will adapt the design to fit in with the design of the building
The major strength of this franchise relates primarily to its traditional merchandising
- Featuring nationally advertised, pre-packaged, everyday consumer needs sold to a captive population generally with an exclusive use clause for its merchandising for the full term of the lease and options thereof.
Gateway Newstands provides the individual franchisee with:
- A turnkey operation in an excellent location.
- Coordination of the construction of the leasehold improvements.
Less Demanding Hours
- The working hours for a Gateway location in office towers and some transit locations are less demanding than most convenience store locations.
Finally, and most importantly, Gateway is not vulnerable to significant operational problems
- Gateway is a simple turnkey franchise operation.
- Our owners are fully knowledgeable and experienced in every facet of their trade
The franchisees operate by way of a sublease signed by the landlord principal
- This affords the franchisee with all the rights and obligations of the franchisors head lessee.
The future for Gateway is bright since the company is expanding at a faster rate than any competitors. The franchisee has a vested interest in promoting the store sales and customer satisfaction. This level of service is difficult to duplicate with corporate staff and therefore, the Gateway Store, will continue to be a pleasant shopping experience for our customers, and a successful addition to any new or existing office, retail or transit development.