The Golden Chick Story began in Central Texas in the late 1960's when the concept was created by a former employee of a chicken franchise who believed there had to be a better way to run a franchise system. The delicious chicken, created by the development of secret marination and batter mixes, attracted franchise inquires, and by the time the founder sold the chain in 1982, it had grown to 39 restaurants.
In March 1989, Golden Fried Chicken was purchased by an investment group whose involvement was strongly supported by the Golden Fried Chicken franchise community. Since then, the chain has experienced steady growth with new restaurants opening throughout the region, bringing the chain-wide total to over 150 stores.
In September, 1993, the company introduced exciting new enhancements to the Golden Fried Chicken menu as well as the restaurant appearance and thus was born Golden Chick, a concept positioned to propel the Golden chain into the future. As of 1996, all new stores were called Golden Chick.
It's been over 50 years since the first Golden Fried Chicken opened in San Marcos, Texas. We feature the best fried chicken, our Original and Still the Best™ Golden Tenders, Golden Roast, salads, and the best sides in the business. We invite you to visit and enjoy Golden Chick today.
Why Golden Chick
The Golden Chick Concept is a family oriented quick-service with dine-in, drive-thru, and optional home delivery service capability. We offer a variety of menu items, featuring our Golden Fried Chicken and Golden Tenders which are prepared in our proprietary mixes and batters. Along with these items we also offer hand-rubbed Golden Roast Chicken and southern style catfish. Side items include, battered french fries, creamy homemade cole slaw, mashed potatoes, country style cream gravy, green beans, macaroni & cheese, corn on the cob, gourmet style chicken salad, fresh baked yeast rolls, sandwiches, soft drinks and freshly brewed iced tea.
- Originator of the Chicken Tender
- Over 40 years in the business and 35 years in the Franchise industry
- Well established chain with a loyal following
- On-going Research and Development
- Local Store Marketing and Promotions
- Efficient store design that provides outstanding productivity
- On-going Field Support
- Listed in the Top 500 Franchise
- Assistance in the site selection process
- Prototypical plans with specifications
- National volume purchasing program to ensure great pricing on food and packaging without a mark-up from the franchisor
- A list of approved equipment vendors with a proven track record
- Golden Chick's proprietary recipes
- Assistance with store openings and ongoing support
- Effective marketing material and programs
- Franchise Advisory Committee – Gives Franchisees a voice on key issues
- Field support – Regional Directors will make visits to discuss and help solve problems related to costs, quality assurance and other issues to ensure the utmost profitability for our Franchisee
- Use of the Golden Chick Brand name and slogans like "The Original and Still the Best"
Leave a Comment