HoneyBaked Ham offers a completely unique franchise opportunity. Part specialty-food retail, part delicious lunchtime destination, part catering and part corporate and individual gifting, our business operates year-round with peaks around the holidays.
Back in the 1940s Mr. Hoenselaar worked in a butcher shop in Detroit and invented things around the house for his wife and kids. During his work at the butcher shop he noticed that the customers struggled to carve bone-in hams. As a result of all this, Mr. Hoenselaar invented the first hand-operated spiral slicing machine, which he patented in 1949.
In 1957, Mr. Hoenselaar opened the first HoneyBaked Ham store on Fenkle Street in Detroit, Michigan, where he sold the only ham that was pre- sliced in a patented spiral design. Not satisfied with selling the easiest ham to eat, Harry also smoked the highest-quality bone-in hams for hours over a special blend of hardwood chips and added a secret recipe sweet glaze to make his top-quality hams more tender and flavorful than anything else available on the market then, or today.
We take this innovative spirit to heart at HoneyBaked Ham and are constantly looking for ways to improve our products and systems to help our franchisees grow their businesses and ensure that customers continue to love our products.
WHAT DOES THE WORD ‘OPPORTUNITY’ MEAN TO YOU?
- Is it the ability to offer a best-in-class product that people across the country have loved for generations?
- Is it having a schedule that provides the flexibility to be home for dinner every night and the freedom to be present for life’s important moments?
- Is it earning a comfortable living for your family without limitations on how big you can grow or how much you can make?
- Is it the chance to make a name for yourself in your town, being a respected business owner and community ambassador?
- Is it calling the shots in your life and never again having to take a backseat in driving your career forward?
With HoneyBaked Ham, the opportunity is all yours. And it’s also exactly what you make of it.
Most of our franchisees are owner-operators. You spend time working in your business and on your business. It’s up to you to make sure that your store meets our standards and requirements, which means that its success often hinges on your level of participation and engagement.
Outside the store, HoneyBaked Ham is a steadfast community participant. In our experience, the deeper the connection to the surrounding community, the more successful the store. Whether you prefer to hire a community liaison or make connections in your store’s neighborhood personally, you’ll want to make sure that your store is what local businesses, churches and non-profits think of when it comes to lunch out or lunch catered in.
We’ll provide you with all the training and support you need and you’ll have a franchise business consultant (FBC), who will be available to you for questions, guidance and support.
We are committed to a healthy system with satisfied franchisees who deliver on the brand promise every day and keep our core values at the heart of everything they do.
Own a business perfectly prepared for you.
The HoneyBaked Ham Company and Café is a truly exciting franchise opportunity. We are a multi-channel business, providing numerous ways to generate revenue. With over 50 years of experience, our franchise system offers the ability to control your destiny and maintain a high quality of life.
- Family friendly hourstypically open 10am-6pm Monday through Saturday and closed Sundays
- Appealing environmentno fryers or grills
- Exclusive territory
- Four businesses in oneretail, catering, gifts and our dine-in café
- Comprehensive training program
Leave a Comment