It all started in 1999.
That’s when the Vap family, who had been longtime franchisees of Godfathers pizza, opened the first HuHot in Missoula, Montana.
The Vaps wanted a restaurant that was:
- Family friendly
It worked. Not only did they create a wonderful restaurant, they developed a great business.
Since that first restaurant opened they have grown to over 60 locations in 17 states and more on the way.
HuHot is more than a restaurant chain, it’s a concept that its customers are fanatical about. HuHot has over 175,000 social media followers, and 120,000 loyalty members. They aren’t just following us online, the loyalty of our fans has allowed us to maintain a closure rate of less than 10%.
HuHot has been ranked on Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 4 years in a row, included on Franchise Times Next 300 Franchise list 3 years in a row, named as one of Nation’s Restaurant News’ Next 20 Chains.
The best part of all the success and accolades is that it’s just the beginning.
Money can’t buy you love (but if you’re nice and driven, it can buy you a HuHot).
We are a small group and finding the right franchisee is important to us. Even if you have the dollar signs and the zeroes, we still need to make sure that we’ll make a good team. Our ideal franchisee has business, restaurant and management experience, but those are not necessarily requirements. Being energetic, highly motivated and able to work well with people is essential.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, complete an APPLICATION and get this show on the road!
Here’s what’s between you and a HuHot to call your very own…
Step 1 – Complete Application
Step 2 - Interview with Chief Brand Officer
Step 3 - Review the FDD
Step 4 – Interview with Chief Operations Officer
Step 5 – Attend Discovery Day in Denver
Step 6 – Sign the Franchise Agreement
A franchise system is all about success, and we believe that comes from support. We are committed to your success every step of the way.
Real Estate, Construction & Design
- Site selection assistance
- Architecture and design assistance
- Initial layouts, equipment specifications, as well as vendor recommendations
- Trade Dress and Food Service Drawings development
- Construction guidance
- Site selection support
- Chronological master opening checklist that defines work, tasks and responsibilities of franchise owners, HuHot and others during the new store processes
- Assistance in setting up initial staffing plan and process
- New restaurant vendor account and services set-up with approved HuHot national vendors
- Marketing planning to have successful VIP parties and opening
- Comprehensive on-site training for new franchise owners and their managers in certified training restaurants. This training includes a full day of POS programming and marketing training at our Franchise Support Center in Denver, CO
- National Training Team on-site opening support and training with flexible adjustment schedules to accommodate all opening scenarios
- Updated, in-store training system and tools for employee development and ongoing training provided
- HuHub–our new online training and information platform
- Ongoing education through webinars, best practice sharing and manuals
- Operations Director visits to provide ongoing feedback and support to grow your business
- Ongoing support and business consultation throughout the year toward development, quality and operational issues
- Twice annual franchise business recaps
- Comprehensive library of Operations Manual, Training Manuals, Recipe Manual and other critical tools
- Robust 3rd party vendor survey system that provides direct consumer feedback and performance comparatives
- Product contracting, distribution assistance, price audits and troubleshooting
- Personal access and contact with all Department Heads and Executive Level leaders at any time
- Evolving and creative food platforms to support market expectations, financial results and operating standards
- Access to marketing resources such as local store marketing execution, creative development, and media buying
- Comprehensive collaborative annual marketing plan and calendars based on consumer research and past results
- Marketing decisions vetted with input from franchisee marketing committee
- A variety of optional in-restaurant promotions and marketing materials available to order
- Local Store Marketing tactics with execution details
- Integrated content marketing with social media sites
- In-house creative services to provide custom, localized materials
- Management of loyalty program including targeted emails and offer redemption analysis
- Internal Intranet with access to order or download operations manuals, marketing guides and materials
- Social media and review monitoring tools
- Local Search Engine Optimization
- Daily data sharing system to gain insights to unit performance metrics
- Assistance with POS set up, updates and program integration
- Communications regarding current compliance issues
- Management of guest feedback program
- POS systems assistance
- Daily system sales reporting
- Payroll outsourcing assistance