It All Started With A Road Trip in the ‘70s
In 1978, Floyd and Judy Anderson packed their four daughters into a car in Buffalo, New York and set off for Arizona to follow their dream of owning and running a restaurant.
They bought a small local pizza joint, renamed it “Native New Yorker”, and threw their life savings into building a successful business. It wasn’t that easy.
After months of terrible sales, long hours, and a roller-coaster of emotions, Judy had an epiphany: Chicken Wings. The Andersons were the first to bring wings to Arizona, and they were an instant hit! Native New Yorker began receiving awards for their wings almost immediately.
The Andersons soon became local icons, and Native New Yorker (or, “Native”, as the regulars called it), became an Arizona favorite.
Fast Forward to Today
In 2014, Native New Yorker officially updated its name to Native Grill & Wings, and gave the logo a much-needed facelift.
These days, a strong leadership team has majority ownership of the company. Together with the founding family and a growing group of franchisees, the new owners are working toward expanding Native Grill & Wings and receiving nationwide recognition. Recently named on Restaurant Business Magazine’s Future 50, Native has become known as a polished family-friendly sports grill that proudly offers over 20 wing flavors that guests can still order by the each!
With strong ties to local organizations, including youth sports leagues, and school partnerships, Native Grill & Wings is strongly invested in Arizona communities. Native Grill & Wings is also excited to have locations in Texas, South Dakota, and Illinois!
Open for business
Once your Native Grill & Wings restaurant is open, you’ll have the continuing guidance, consultation and support of our Native Grill & Wings Franchise Consultant staff. Help or advice is only a phone call or site visit away. Ongoing support services include:
- Confidential operations manual documenting Native Grill & Wings operational procedures
- Ongoing marketing-manual guidance
- Ongoing operational, marketing, and financial-control consultation as needed
- National purchasing programs
- Scheduled visits from your Franchise Consultant
- Appropriate in-service training and/or retraining of your restaurant staff
Our start-up and ongoing training programs will instruct you and your staff in many aspects of running a Native Grill & Wings franchise, including:
- Preparation of all Native Grill & Wings menu items
- Quality and food portion control
- Effective food service operations
- Beverage and inventory management
- Marketing, promotions, and public relations
- Management tools, systems, and routines
- Cleanliness, organization, and sanitation standards
- Execution of opening and closing management functions