Started in 2011, we opened our first store in Menlo Park Mall, in a tiny 154 square foot kiosk. Our founder knew this concept would have its many challenges introducing a unique and different concept of what was currently in the marketplace.
So he felt the only way to really get a sense of sustainability and eventually credibility is to test the product and brand in a mall setting where you compete with many major national chains. But more importantly, it was to get a sense of understanding who the target consumer might be, mall setting allowed to test the product well, considering you have consistent traffic of all cultures, races, and age groups.
Potatopia, then started to evolve, the 154 square feet kiosk was the foundation to what Potatopia is today and ultimately creating a blue print for the future. The greatest part about Potatopia is that it reaches mass audiences as potatoes is a staple at dinner tables, it allows Potatopia to keep innovating and more importantly, local customization in the markets where we operate.
Potatopia is the only fast casual restaurant chain in its segment that targets every culture, age, and ethnicity. We have developed a simple system to provide delicious fresh food cooked in an open kitchen delivered in a fast casual environment. You have Mexican, Asian, Italian, American, that start with a carb and build a meal, well why not the potato, its versatile, healthy, and the 4th largest crop in the world. With such massive appeal, Potatopia created 10 styles of potatoes to choose from as your base and then create your own with proteins, veggies, cheeses, and a sauce making it the perfect meal.
Why Choose Potatopia
One of the core values of the Potatopia mission is to consistently offer our customers outstanding service, whether they are a new customer or a returning customer that you may see regularly. We commit to maintaining a clean, neat, and organized food service offering. You need to believe in this vision and accept it with a personal commitment to sustain our philosophy of freshly prepared, amazing foods and brand culture.
At Potatopia®, we're dedicated to the success of our Franchise Partners and are focused on providing world-class support and service based on respect and trust. When you join the Potatopia family, you'll be working with experienced professionals who have extensive brand building, marketing, development, and operational experience in all functions of the foodservice franchise industry. Here's a small taste of the service you'll receive:
- Real Estate and Store Development
- Prototypical design and conceptual layouts for new franchises
- Assistance with real estate services including a dedicated leasing team that will proactively identify new real estate opportunities and lead LOI proposal, lease negotiation, and lease review
- Full Build out Support with a Certified Project Manager
- Comprehensive, certified training for Franchise Partners and key managers in both the field as well as the Potatopia hands on Spud University
- Continuing corporate and on-site franchise training
- Access to online training tools and development support
- In-depth franchise operations manuals
- Easy to follow guides for everything
- Operations and Field Support
- Initial management training and on–site visits
- Access to the corporate management team for business review and performance analysis
- Inspections focusing on quality, service, and cleanliness
- Innovative Potatopia franchise marketing campaigns
- High-quality point-of-purchase, merchandising, and local store marketing materials
- Dedicated marketing and public relations staff to assist with marketing and media planning
- Seasonal and local store marketing campaigns
- In-house creative agency to provide Franchise Partners with unique customizable advertising and branding materials
- Product Development
- Wide variety of delicious menu offerings
- Delivery of world-class menu variety through continuous testing, product improvement, and expanded offerings
- Operational support and quality assurance
- Ongoing Support
- Regular consultation visits from Potatopia Franchise Business Consultants
- Regular Q&A consultations
- Business review analysis of store sales and performance vs. system-wide benchmarks
- Password-protected Intranet with inventory management tools
While we do prefer you to have previous experience, it is not required. Franchisee candidates without sufficient restaurant experience will be required to successfully complete our internship evaluation. Management experience is a big plus. We're looking for franchise owners who are outgoing and have management experience, and who are results oriented. A person who can lead a team, and who has the motivation to excel! You must have a minimum of $150k in liquid capital, and be ready to make a full-time commitment
Leave a Comment