Drive Into Your Future: See yourself succeed at SONIC
Increasing revenue, balanced dayparts and open territory make it a great time to own a SONIC franchise
As the nation’s largest drive-in chain, SONIC® has successfully served hot, fresh, delicious made-to-order food for more than 60 years. We’re a rapidly expanding brand with ample open territory and choice locations in many states. SONIC is more than an iconic franchise brand; we’re a solid investment.
In 1959, the SONIC Drive-In name was born and franchising began. Today, we franchise and operate more than 3,500 SONIC Drive-Ins in nearly every state. SONIC is authentically mid-century and modern, a classic that continues to innovate.
Our drive-in experience, together with a unique menu and personalized service, position us as one of the most differentiated concepts in the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) industry.
There has never been a better time to become a SONIC franchisee.
- Backed by a best-in-class franchise support team.
- Top-notch innovative menu development.
- Highly popular, visible national advertising.
- A variety of franchise models to fit your location needs.
- SONIC franchise owners saw average gross sales-by-store increase from $1,072,000 in 2012 to $1,283,000 in 2016, with 27 percent of our stores exceeding $1.5 million in gross sales in fiscal year 2016.
At SONIC®, we keep our carhops hopping and our customers happy with a profitable and popular menu that’s appealing day or night, whether diners want a chili cheese dog, a cherry limeade or a traditional burger. The variety that SONIC provides throughout our five strong, balanced and distinct dayparts is unmatched by competitors who are typically just known as “the burger place” or “the chicken place.” Other QSR concepts and burger franchises have only one or two strong dayparts; SONIC is busy serving fresh, hot items morning through night.
SONIC Franchise Models
We offer franchise models beyond our traditional drive-in franchise to meet growing demand in expanding markets.
- SONIC Traditional Drive-In Franchise: Our original drive-in model is the core of our business. This standard store layout typically features 16 to 24 drive-in stalls, patio seating and requires a site that is approximately ¾ of an acre for optimum build-out.
- SONIC Indoor Dining Model: Our newly designed indoor dining rooms are ideally suited for the colder weather. These models also offer patio seating, as well as a drive-thru.
- SONIC Plaza Travel Model: SONIC end-cap units as part of busy travel plazas have done well as travelers on busy thoroughfares look for familiar dining options that are consistently high-quality and high-value. This model typically does not include the familiar parking stalls and canopies found in the traditional SONIC Drive-In.
- SONIC Conversion Model: We can work with franchisees to convert existing restaurant facilities into a SONIC restaurant in the most cost-effective way possible, utilizing the existing kitchen, dining area and patron restrooms facilities.
- SONIC Counter Service Model: The counter-service model does well in airports and busy mall and campus food courts where foot traffic is high. This model is true to our strong branding and stellar food quality and customer service. The dessert line is included behind the service counter.
- Active ownership in your SONIC restaurants.
- Restaurant background required by at least one operating partner.
- Ability to develop, lead and inspire a management team.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Active in community.
- Retail sales.
Request information today to know more about SONIC franchise opportunities.