The first Tubby’s Sub Shop was founded in 1968 by Richard Paganes, who at the time was 21 years old, in the Detroit suburb of St. Clair Shores at 13 Mile and Harper. The popular and now famous Tubby’s Subs with their unique flavor, high quality products and generous portions quickly became a Detroit area favorite. Richard’s pioneering vision and unwavering commitment to quality products and customer service are the cornerstones of Tubby’s success.
In 1978, the company awarded its first franchise store at 14 Mile and Ryan in Sterling Heights. A number of dine-in locations opened soon after, followed by the first drive-through restaurant in Westland in the early 1980’s. Growth has been at a deliberate pace. Quality of franchisees and store locations rather than the quantity of stores in operation are the guiding rules. That philosophy stems from the fact that Tubby’s Sub Shops was started as a family owned, family operated business. The family tradition continues with Robert Paganes, Richard Paganes’ brother, being the company’s current CEO. In 2010, Tubby’s brought on Executive Vice President, Bill Kiryakoza to join Robert in continuing Tubby’s success.
Tubby’s believes firmly in teamwork, active employee relations and proactive public relations to maintain efficient operations and a highly visible positive public image. Tubby’s participates in various community events including the Park It Family Fun Nights, which provides free concerts and movie nights throughout various parks in Michigan. Tubby’s participates in several charitable events and recently partnered with the Muscular Dystrophy Association to fight against muscle disease.
Over and above all else, Tubby’s has an unsurpassed commitment to quality and the delivery of premium quality grilled submarines and many other menu items. Customers’ eating habits, food trends and tastes may all change, but the superior quality is and always will be a constant with Tubby’s.
Tubby’s has over 65 locations throughout Michigan and is continuing to expand.
JOINING THE TUBBY’S FRANCHISE TEAM IS EASY!
- Fill out Franchisee Application
- Send it to Tubby’s Corporate Office
- A representative will contact you within 24-48 business hours
- Tubby’s reviews the Formal Application and conducts credit check
- Meeting at Tubby’s Corporate Offices
- Q&A regarding location, new or existing and time frame
- Uniform Offering Circular document will be given for review
- Pay Initial franchise fee and sign Franchise Agreement
- Set up training with our training manager at one of our company stores
- Attend Discovery Day. Here you will meet with all of our corporate departments. You will be educated in bookkeeping and financial techniques, grand opening procedures and any other information to help you run the business successfully
TO BECOME A TUBBY’S DEVELOPMENT AGENT, THE FOLLOWING CIRTERIA WILL BE CONSIDERED:
- Financial capability to purchase the marketing rights to the area
- Ability to develop three to five stores within the first two years of the agreement date
- Experience to manage the growth of the Tubby’s concept(s) within the market
- Restaurant experience; fast food knowledge; management skills
- Lease negotiation skills and construction knowledge